Saturday, July 24, 2010

Inspiration

I love painting anything and everything that inspires me, and usually everything insires me ... I am constantly distracted and my subjects are diverse ... but I really want to be able to paint different subjects..

And usually I am interested in different techniques for different subject ...nothing is more exciting than ainting in a new technique, especially in watercolours, my passion...  this is why I am always excited to paint...

Joining the WDE (Weekend Drawing Event)  on Wetcanvas helped this aspect of my art journey a lot, each week a host posts sixteen photos , and we can choose one or all of them to paint in the two hours alotted for the challenge ... usually it takes me less than an hour to finish any pinting , so I end up doing much more.
                                                8 by 11 arches 140lb rough w&n wc
I found out that this fact does help me develop and grow in my art , because I am always challenged to paint things outside my comfort zone...

                                                   8 by 11 arches 140lb rough w&n wc

                                                   11 by 8 arches 140lb rough w&n wc

2 comments:

  1. Jamila, Your landscapes are beautiful! Thanks for coming to my blog for a trip to Venice. I will try to keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joan ... YOur paintings in Venice are fantastic ... stay inspired

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails