Monday, September 6, 2010

Will Be Away

I like to thank everybody who thought this blog is interesting, and was kind enough to follow, thank you also for all your kind and wonderful comments, I really do enjoy reading them and answering them.

I am so sorry that I hadn´t posted for some time, te truth is I have been and still is very busy, doing costumes and props for a play, adapted from a spanish playwright Calderon De La Barka ... called ... Life Is A Dream.

Usually it is not easy for me to paint while having all my energy directed towards creating designs for costumes...
I hope you will bear with me and forgive me if I didn´t post and painted as often as before, but this is only temporary for two more weeks ...

This painting has been done in my usual style , that is without the use of a preliminary sketch, I started with the shadows , being careful to get their outer shapes right and defining the lit side by painting the background negatively
                                                      
15 by 11" arches 140lb rough W&N  wc paints

                                            
notice the negative painting and the shadows

                                                  
             more details ... note the negative painting
                                                                        

8 comments:

  1. Lovely! Good luck with your play:) I know what you mean you are probably creatively drained after your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful figure jamila good luck with your costumes for "life is a dream "

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Bricarwaller ... You are right ... my creative energy is taken for work on the play ...

    Thank you Jane ... I am excited about the work for the play ... it is extremely hard work and totally satisfying at the same time..

    I will miss painting though

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find this very successful watercolor. I like tints of faces and the colors which you chose generally. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a great painting! Don't worry - we won't go anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! Excellent light and shadow! I'll be back to check for your next posting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing
    This fabulous work with us
    Good creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Olivia ...thank you ... it is so nice of you to view my work ... I do value your comment a lot

    Hi Sandra ... I didn´t get the chance to view your comment until now ... Ooooh this feels so good ... to have friends like you

    hi Joan .. i missed you lot ... I enjoy readinf your compliments always ... I am glad you are back ... will be in touch shortly

    Hi Skizo ... I appreciate your comment a lot ... I hope you pop in always

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails